The U.S.-Russia Chamber of Commerce (USRCC) has established a Technology and Innovation Committee (T&I Committee). The T&I Committee is responsible for developing and overseeing USRCC activities involving technology and innovation, and will work to develop programs promoting Houston and the State of Texas as a hub for Russian technology and innovation investment in the U.S. as well as promoting U.S. technology and innovation investment in Russia. It will also develop training, commercialization, and financing programs for technology innovators. The T&I Committee works closely with the Executive Director of USRCC and the Board of Directors.
The T&I Committee has ambitious goals to promote Houston, the State of Texas, and other parts of the U.S. as hubs for technology and innovation for companies from Russia, as well as promoting Russia as a hub for technology and innovation for companies from the U.S. The main goals of the Committee are to:
- Bring Russian companies to Houston and the State of Texas that are mature enough and have the appetite to create Texas-based subsidiaries for technology development and commercialization;
- Apply specific focus to energy, biotechnology, nanotechnology, IT, and aerospace technologies for development;
- Facilitate the advancement of Russian start-up companies in Houston, the State of Texas and the other parts of the U.S. through an incubation process including financial prospects;
- Promote the investment of Russian technology companies and institutions in Houston, and assist those companies and institutions with financing and commercialization opportunities;
- Promote the investment of U.S. technology companies in Russia and assist those companies and institutions with financing;
- Organize an annual conference regarding U.S.-Russia technology, innovation, and commercialization opportunities and cooperation;
- Further cooperation between Russian and U.S. companies and institutions in the technology and innovation sphere;
- Promote U.S.-based technologies to Russian companies and institutions;
- Assist Russian and U.S. universities to cooperate in technology transfer and innovation.
The objective of the Committee is twofold: i. To bring and develop new and innovative technologies to the U.S. through immersing Russian innovators into an intense entrepreneurial and incubating business environment leading to commercialization and economic growth for Houston, the State of Texas and the U.S. ii. To bring and develop new and innovative technologies to Russia through immersing U.S. innovators into the Russian business environment.
The T&I Committee is chaired by Professor Alex Ignatiev of the University of Houston. Professor Ignatiev is the Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Cullen Professor of Physics, Chemistry, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and also serves as Director of the Center for Advanced Materials at the University of Houston. Current members of USRCC may join the T&I Committee, but participation will be limited to 15 people. If you are interested, please send an email to USRCC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The T&I Committee will meet once per month at different locations.