On Thursday, March 30th, the USRCC together with the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP) and its Committee for Industrial Policy and Technical Regulation hosted its 3rd Standardization Conference.
Over 360 registrants from United States of America, Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and other CIS countries attended the Conference. Rules for obtaining licensed translations, standards development system, products certification rules, work in technical committees of the U.S. standardization organizations, understanding of the differences between the U.S.A. and Russian standardization systems, standards development processes and standards committees, and other related questions were discussed.
The following panelists have made their presentations during the Conference:
- Andrey N. Lotsmanov, Deputy Co-Chairman, Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, Committee of Industrial Policy and Technical Regulation;
- Alexa S. Burr, Vice President, Segment Standards & Services, Global Industry Services, API;
- Christopher Mahler, Director, Derivative Programs, Conformity Assessment, ASME;
- Jim Rossberg, Managing Director, Engineering Programs, ASCE;
- Konstantin V. Leonidov, Acting Director General, Federal State Unitary Enterprise “Standartinform”;
- Aleksandr S. Neklyudov, Deputy Director, Federal Autonomous Organization “Federal Center for Regulation, Standardization and Technical Conformity Assessment in Construction” (FAA “FCS”);
- Tricia Hock, Director, Certification Operations, Safety Equipment Institute;
- Stephen F. Mawn, Director, Technical Committee Operations, ASTM International;
- Pat A. Picariello, J.D., CStd, FSES, Director, Developmental Operations, ASTM International;
- Mary Mikolajewski, Manager, Technical Committee Operations, ASTM International
The Conference was followed by a Q&A session moderated by the USRCC. Panelists answered questions related to cooperation between Russian, CIS and USA standardization organizations, government regulations of standardization processes, application of Eurocodes in the United States, Russian experts participation in API working groups, certification of standardization specialists, MOU implementation between standardization organizations, and many others.
“It was very important to learn about the current activities of international organizations and to get the information about the Russian participants in them. Thank you!” Valeriy Novikov, Vice-rector, FSAI FPE ASMC.
“Clear and capacious content of all presentations. No unnecessary information. Requires constant immersion and involvement.” Igor Shkopinskiy, VolgaGP LLC, CTO.
“Positive and promising event!” Aleksandr Tarada, CEO Advisor, Standardization Expert, JSC “Center for Technical and Estimated Rationing in Construction”.
“The information is very interesting, a large amount of different topics was highlighted during 2 hours. I definitely recommend visiting such webinars to specialized organizations.” Irina Yurchenko.
“Such meetings are very important for the cooperation development, mutual understanding, prevention of negative trends in international relations.” Petr Odintsov, Deputy Director of the Department, Standartinform.