Looking for a job in the U.S. or Russia? You’ll find several jobs, posted by our members and partners – with more added on a regular basis. To have your company’s employment/career site listed here, consider membership in USRCC. Posting a job is free for Chamber members! If you are not a member of the Chamber and would like to post an available position, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: + 713-429-4680
Opportunity with U.S.-Russia Chamber of Commerce
Position: General Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Employment: Full-time
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: The U.S.-Russia Chamber of Commerce (USRCC) is a 501 (c) (6) nonprofit organization based in Houston, Texas. It was established in 2009 to promote trade and investment in the US and Russia. The USRCC has programs in the Midwest and the Northeast. The USRCC assists companies that rely on US-Russia trade and investment through specialized events, research, trade missions, and more. The USRCC assists U.S. companies expanding into Russia by providing access to business partners, government officials, and lead identification. Additionally, Russian companies utilize the USRCC’s in-depth knowledge of the business community and economic development opportunities. USRCC provides access to high-level business and governmental decision makers.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: The General Manager is responsible for management and operations of USRCC, a 501(c) (6) nonprofit organization with close to 100 members in the U.S.A., Europe, Russian Federation and CIS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The General Manager responsibilities are to include the following:
- Meet and/or exceed assigned membership development objectives and new member acquisition goals.
- Maintain sufficient pipeline of qualified prospective members.
- Articulate the purpose, advantages, and value proposition of the USRCC membership.
- Identify and qualify prospective new members by telephone, Internet, publications, magazines, premise visits, and networking.
- Manage pipeline activity and monitor membership development against assigned targets.
- Determine specific member-related value position, identify strategic opportunities
- Profile member accounts for event sponsorship sales.
- Manage member accounts and new member opportunities pipeline management.
- Develop, maintain and manage member relationships with the USRCC.
- Make accurate and timely decisions based on member needs and business requirements.
- Apply effective time management techniques and strategies to prioritize activities related directly to membership development activities.
- Defining a project
- Assist an Executive Director with building and planning its comprehensive work plan
- *Project, the work plan and direction will be discussed and determined during meetings with the Board
- Assist an Executive Director with the execution
- Assist Executive Director with marketing campaigns (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Prepare program materials and marketing packets
- Assist the Executive Director with drafting written correspondence to: a) USRCC membership and b) external communications (in English and Russian) with outside third parties; including drafting of letters, email communications and related attachment generation.
- Assist the Executive Director with USRCC event planning logistics, event coordination, supervision of event volunteers and attendance at events as agreed to by independent contractor and Executive Director.
- Assist the Executive Director with USRCC Newsletter drafting, reviewing and publication.
- Assist the Executive Director with any other USRCC matters as determined by Executive Director.
- Undergraduate degree in business, public policy, communications, or related field. Advanced degree from accredited institution preferred;
- At least five years of solid professional experience, preferably in a western-oriented business or international organization;
- English or Russian native speaker with good command of the other language. Preferred: Fluency in both written and verbal English and Russian;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to implement strategies and tactics in a timely manner and maintain regular and frequent contact with the Executive Director;
- Effective interpersonal skills, proactive communication and team building skills to be able to develop and maintain contacts and relationships and manage staff;
- Good understanding of the political and economic environment in the U.S. and Russia;
- Understanding of administrative and accounting processes with appropriate control procedures;
- Computer literacy and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs;
- Previous experience in economic development is preferred.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply, email your resume (in English) to: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate “General Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Opportunity with U.S.-Russia Chamber of Commerce
Locations: Houston, TX , Chicago, IL and New York, NY
Pay: N/A, this is an unpaid internship
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: The U.S.-Russia Chamber of Commerce (USRCC) is a 501 (c) (6) nonprofit organization based in Houston, Texas. It was established in 2009 to promote business and investment opportunities between the U.S. and Russia. USRCC assists U.S. companies to expand in Russia by providing access to specialized market research focused on delivering attractive new business growth opportunities, and leads identification and selection of reliable business partners. Russian companies benefit from USRCC’s in-depth knowledge of the business community in Texas. USRCC also provides access to high-level business and governmental decision makers.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Working with the Executive Director, intern will play integral role in a wide range of activities of USRCC. Responsibilities will include project management, event coordination, business development, and membership database and website administration. Intern will play highly visible role in this dynamic organization, with significant opportunities to meet and network with member companies.
- Must be detail-oriented, and possess strong analytical and research skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of website development preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Russian preferred.
- MBA student preferred.
HOURS: Flexible, minimum of 20 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified intern candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to: U.S.-Russia Chamber of Commerce at 2900 Wilcrest Drive, Suite 133 Houston, TX 77042 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENTS: International students who have legal permission to work in the U.S. may apply. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. FOR MORE INFORMATION: email: email@example.com, phone: 713-429-4680